RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The craft may be leased by the person designated in the contract, which in any case must have the corresponding qualifications in force person.
2. It is forbidden to exceed the maximum number of seats allowed on the model of the rented boat.
3. The maximum speed set by the Navy at a port or within 200 m of the coast is 3 knots. It is prohibited to exceed the limit, as well as water skiing in areas of swimmers and ports.
4. It is prohibited to exceed the distance of a mile from the coast.
5. You have to respect the swimming area, always anchored buoys off the beaches. And also respect and keep away from the buoys and boats with divers flag.
6. The renter assumes all liability for fines, penalties, injury or damage caused or arising from a breach of any provision of this Agreement and / or any infringements of the Spanish and international laws, in particular, against fishing laws spearfishing, search or archaeological remains of marine rules committed during the contract period.
7. The vessel will be delivered and returned to the base port: Port of Ciutadella de Menorca. Delivery will take place from 10:00 h. and return at 18:00 h., unless otherwise stated in the particular contract.
8. The boat will be returned, with all its equipment and in the same condition in which it was delivered, as well as the date and time stipulated in the contract. In case of delay on return or returning place is other than that stipulated, the company will not refund the deposit until the tenant pays all expenses required for travel to the harbor, in addition to days or hours employed to get back the boat.
9. The boat is always required to stay overnight at its home port, or where applicable, an approved mooring, provided approval was informed in advance to the company and that it has been agreed to do so. In the event of agreement, the lessee is responsible to bear all costs and be liable for any loss as a whole, as well as all losses that might affect to the leasing company.
10. Practice water skiing or drag any floating element or equivalent is prohibited.
11. The incorrect use of the boat will entitle any authorized person to impound the boat without any possible refund.
12. Fuel (petrol, diesel and oil) is not included in the rental price, so the boat must be returned with all fuel tanks full. As a general rule, the tenant will have to refuel using petrol (unless tenant is told that it’s using oil) and an authorized person will refuel the oil tank and then the lessee will pay the total consumption to the company. If the tenant does not return the fuel tanks full, the company will retain the deposit until the amount of fuel consumed has not been paid.
13. Rates include a comprehensive insurance with excess. The franchise will be different depending on the model of the boat, and in any case the amount is stated on the particular contract.
14. The propellers, solar awning, tire punctures and mattresses are completely excluded from boat Insurance, thereof the tenant is liable to pay any replacements or repairing during the period of the contract in the event of breaking.
15. The insurance does not take responsibility for any damage to the boat or equipment for neglect, misuse or lack of care for the duration of the contract, ant therefore expenses and losses are liable to the lessee.
16. The company will retain a deposit according to the leased ship before the departure, as security for the fulfilment of the general conditions and contract compliance. This deposit will be refunded upon completion of the contract after making the necessary checks.
17. The company assumes no liability for damage or loss of any property that the lessee or other person forget, store or transport on the vessel, during or after completion of the rental. The lessee assumes the risk of such losses and absolve the company from any claims thereof and agrees to hold free and harmless from any claim which arises from this cause, for late or delayed as a result of damage to the vessel, and including possible sea state change caused by unforeseen weather conditions once the boat has been at sea. In case the boat can not return to the harbour due to mechanical breakdown, the lessee will only be able to claim, depending on each case, for a refund of the 50% of the amount paid. If it’s due to meteorological conditions, the company will not be responsible for any refunds.
18. The company leases its vessels in accordance with the current rates (VAT is included in the prices). Reservations will only be accepted if accompanied by the 50% of the total amount of rent and if the tenant has completed and signed the reservation document and provided proof of his qualifications. Payments are made in advance by bank transfer, cash or credit card. In the case of bank transfers the company will not be responsible for any fees or charges for such an operation similar.
19. The remaining amount of the contract shall be paid before departure of the vessel at the time to be formalized.
20. In the event cancellation due to tenant personal reasons, the company shall charge:
· 10% of the total rental if the cancellation is made one month before the departure.
· 25% of the total rental if the cancellation is made 30-15 days before the departure.
· 50% of the total rental if the cancellation is made in less than 15 days before departure.
· 100% of total rental if the cancellation is made one day or on the same day of the departure. I
21. In the event of cancellation due to bad sea state or weather forecast, the company will recommend that the rent is cancelled, as it could be dangerous for the safety of the people and will proceed to refund the amount paid in advance if the booking has not been postponed for another available day. 21. In the event of cancellation due to bad sea state or weather forecast, the company will recommend that the rent is cancelled, as it could be dangerous for the safety of the people and will proceed to refund the amount paid in advance if the booking has not been postponed for another available day.
22. In accordance with the current Personal Data Protection policy, we inform you that your data will be incorporated into the processing system owned by MENORCABOATS SLU with CIF B07924004 and registered office located in C. LEPANTO, 10 07760, CIUTADELLA DE MENORCA (ILLES BALEARS), in order to meet the commitments arising from the contract signed between both parties for the rental of the boat.
In compliance with current regulations, MENORCABOATS SLU informs that the data will be kept for a legally established period. With this clause you are informed that your data will be communicated if necessary to public administrations and to all those entities with which communication is necessary in order to comply with the aforementioned service. Failure to provide the data to the mentioned entities implies that the provision of the services subject of this contract can not be fulfilled.
In turn, we inform you that you can contact the Delegate of Data Protection of MENORCABOATS SLU, by writing to the e-mail address email@example.com or by phone at 0034 902877192. MENORCABOATS SLU informs that it will proceed to treat the data in a lawful, loyal, transparent, adequate, pertinent, limited, exact and updated manner.
Thereupon MENORCABOATS SLU undertakes to adopt all reasonable measures so that these are suppressed or rectified without delay when they are inaccurate. In accordance with the rights conferred by the current regulations on data protection, you may exercise the rights of access, rectification, limitation of treatment, deletion, portability and opposition to the processing of your personal data as well as the consent given for the treatment of it, directing your request to the postal address indicated above or to the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can go to the competent Control Authority to present any claim that you consider appropriate. Lastly, MENORCABOATS SLU informs that by signing this document you give your explicit consent for the treatment of the aforementioned data.
23. This agreement is governed by Spanish law and in litigation is going to court for arbitration of Menorca.
Please, comply with the established conditions and enjoy the boat